Hi everyone, I was tagged by Bec @ Nail Gun XS and Elissa @ Lissa’s Polish Addiction for the Liebster Award – you ladies are so generous and kind, thank you so much for all your support! I am so happy I choose to start my blog because it has served as an amazing platform to meet and interact with all your lovely ladies!!!
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I have a tendency to Google everything so I just had to look up what Liebster meant. Liebster is the German word for sweetheart, dearest, favorite, beloved. So I guess this is for your favorite new blog!”
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There’s no tag backs.
PART ONE – 11 Things About Myself:
1. I am the middle child – sandwiched between an older sister and a younger brother.
2. While I love a good gathering of friends and/or party – I am more of a stay at home person.
3. When I was 16 years old, I tried to convince my dad to let me paint my room black. Lol! My rationalization was that I thought it would contrast nicely with my huge mirrors and would pop bright colours. He said, “No!” lol and I don’t blame him, I was REALLY into home renovations and home decor as a teenager.
4. I could live in a black shirt, skinny jeans and comfortable flip flops all day, every day!
5. The first time I coloured my hair I was 15 years of age – I had asked my mom for permission but she refused to give me her consent. I had an after school job at the time I figured, it’s my money – it should be my decision – plus I get bored VERY easily, I needed a change! So one day after school when I had a spare last period, I walked in the salon with my natural black hair and walked out with caramel brown hair with dark blonde streaks. My mom freaked out when she saw it but ended up loving it so much, she did hers the exact same thing the following week!
6. I grew up in a very academic house-hold, so my siblings & I had to concentrate on academic career at a young age but unknown to myself – I had a talent and love for dancing, so much so that when the music started playing at my Junior High School dance, mind you I was 14 years old at the time (I was not allowed to attend school dances at any point during the school years – strict parents!) I busted a move like no other!!! Needless to say, I had all my classmates, teachers and including myself – in COMPLETE shock that I could actually dance like no one’s watching! (I am happy to report that I have maintained this ability lol and it’s a story my friends from those days like to remind me of lol).
7. Would you believe, I am a whopping 5 foot 3 inches in height? LOL! It’s true! I have always wanted to be taller!!! And I live that dream once in a while when my feet can handle a 4-5 inch heel!
8. I hate to see people sad, even if they’re not fond of me – I will always try to cheer them up because life is too short to let others bring you down.
9. I bet you guys would never have guessed this about me but during my last year in high school – I was composed of one half of my school’s morning radio DJs.
10. This is pretty random – I never open my eyes while on roller coasters – wish I could tell you why – I’m scared of heights so maybe that has something to do with it.
11. I own around 12 pairs of heels (including boots), 5 pairs of flip flips and one pair of running shoes! Hence, I need more running shoes!
PART TWO – 11 Questions Bec & Elissa Asked Me:
(The reason I have more than the standard 11 questions is because I included both Elissa’s and Bec’s questions in this section, as they both tagged me for this award).
1. How did you start blogging?
I never thought I would be a blogger EVER! I liked watching youtube videos and then one day I kinda thought it would be nice to try it out and now I can definitely see myself keeping up to date with my blog more often than my youtube videos. Plus, I really wanted to state my opinion on certain products. But my biggest motivation was, while it was really amazing to watch videos and go on other people’s blogs – there aren’t very many girls with my skin tone that have blogs so it was always a bit difficult finding out how certain colours might look on my skin tone. This is especially true of nail polishes!
2. Where do you live?
3. If you were stuck on an island what are the top five things you need?
- MUSIC and a device I can play it on.
- First aid kit
- Kitchen tools LOL!
- And of course family, friends and my significant other!! Now that’s a party!
4. What’s your favourite nail polish finish?
I would say definitely crème finish.
5. How many bottles of polish do you own?
Around 300 give or take a few.
6.If you could have a super power what would it be?
Oh gosh, you’re asking a comic book geek this question – hmmm I would say flying because I could travel around the world for FREE lol! That would be pretty cool!
7. What are your hobbies other than blogging?
Hmmm hobbies other than blogging, I would say I read a lot and spend way too much time on youtube.
8. What is something you love, but everyone else hates?
Where do I begin?? Lol no seriously, I have been told I have unique taste on A LOT things. I like ketchup on my eggs, popcorn on top of my ice cream cone (don’t knock it till you try it!) and 80’s music!! This might be due to the fact that I was born in the 80’s!
9. What trends do you hate?
My thoughts on trends are simply (strictly on fashion trends ONLY) to stick with the classics. I learnt this the hard way when it comes to fashion pieces, currently – I only buy simple, clean, classic pieces such as to dresses, shirts, pants. That being said, I don’t like judging people based on trends either because trends are what celebrates and trademarks a decade – for example, when I say the 1970’s what comes to mind? Bell bottom pants, big afros and cheesy wall paper (for me I think of “That 70’s Show lol)– but that’s what makes trends great so I say….be yourself no matter what. That being said, there aren’t any trends I hate.
10. If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?
Realistically, pay off student loans, give some to charity, give some to my parents, buy a house and car and travel with my significant other. And save the remainder for a rainy day!
11. What are your pet peeves?
Oooh tough question!! I would say one pet peeve of mine is lying – whether in a relationship or friendship. I have more respect and admiration for someone if they are upfront because while I might be hurt by something, I will always respect them for being honest. I dislike pushy, nosy, overall rude people – I really dislike it when people smoke in my face, being a skin care freak – this always irks me!!
12. Where are you from?
Born and raised on the islands of Trinidad and Tobago but I currently reside in Ontario, Canada.
13. What are your 5 favourite nail polishes of all time?
Oh gosh, this is sooooo hard – I honestly cannot choose – I feel like my nail polishes are like my children, how can you pick a favourite kid? Lol
14. What is your favourite nail art design that you’ve done (or that you’ve seen on someone else, if you don’t do nail art)?
I am not into nail art for myself but I like it on other people. I do however love the half moon manicure and the fish braid which I have seen on blogs, mind you at least 2 years ago and it bothers me that a few youtubers have made youtube videos on it and have not given the blogs in which they CLEARLY referenced it, the proper credit they deserve.
15. What are some of your favourite nail polish brands?
Essie, Zoya, OPI, Sephora by OPI, Butter London (even though I only have two in my entire collection it is an amazing brand), Misa and China Glaze (strictly based on variety, I really DISLIKE their nail polish brush!).
16. What are your favourite nail care products?
Glass file, nail polish strengthener, nail polish remover and a good hand lotion.
17. Number one nail tip you’d like to share?
This will be a common sense thing and every nail polish lover knows already but I’ll share it anyways –I remove my manicure & pedicure before a warm shower, after a few minutes in the shower my cuticles are soft enough so I use my own finger nails to push back my cuticles – it is painless and easy.
18. How often do you do your nails?
I usually change my manicure every 3 days but it can be as long as once a week (depends on my free time) and for a pedicure I usually change it once every two weeks.
19. Favourite base and top coat?
I use a nail strengthener as a base coat – the one I am currently using is OPI Nail Envy. I have not found a `favourite` top coat as of yet – the top coat I am currently using is OPI start to finish but it’s nothing special.
PART THREE – 11 Questions for People I Tag:
(I am turning my Questions into a TAG for ANYONE if they wish to answer it, please title it Zenorah`s Nail Blogger Questions and please provide a link to my page).
1. You’re packing for a trip and you have room for only ONE nail polish in your luggage to wear for every occasion while on that trip and you are NOT allowed a nude polish, what polish would you take for your entire trip and WHY?
2. What dupe polishes do you own in your collection?
3. What colour family of nail polishes do you have an absolute weakness for?
4. You have been approached by a major nail polish company to create a signature nail polish to reflect your personality and over all taste, what colour, texture and polish finish would it be and what would you name it???
5. What nail polish(es) have you repurchased in your collection?
6. Name the nail polish(es) that gives you the MOST amount of self-confidence.
7. You are the creative designer for a runway show for a famous fashion designer – he/she needs your help in selecting ONE nail polish for every season for their annual fashion line (total of 4 polishes, one per season) what would you choose for their Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter lines? And why?
8. If you had to wear a nail trend for more than a month – what would it be?
9. What brands of nail polish(es) do you want to try, that are either not available in your country or is too expensive to justify spending the money on?
10. What polish(es) do you treasure the MOST in your collection and why? (Does it hold any sentimental value)
11. You lost a bet to a friend and you HAVE to give her one of your favourite LIMITED edition polishes, what would it be??? And why???
Who I Nominate:
2. WarmVanillaSugar0823 (she is one of my favourite youtubers and bloggers)
3. MissHollyBerries (I am breaking a rule sorry guys because she has already been tagged and accepted this award but she`s a good friend of mine and I would LOVE to know her answers to my tag.)