So 2012 was the year I decided to start my blog but I will be honest with you guys I was a little scared I wouldn’t have the passion to continue on with it but as it turns out, I LOVE to blog about makeup & nail polish. And it means the WORLD to me that you guys take the time out of your day to read my reviews or watch my swatches before purchasing a product. It just makes me so happy to have all of your support. I wish I could convey in words how grateful I am!
One of the best things about blogging this past year was interacting with all of you guys and getting to know a few of you a little better. Thank you so much for sticking with me in 2012 and I will try to make 2013 even better!!!
Thank you so much to my beautiful friend Holly aka MissHollyBerries who awarded me this title – Holly is one of my best friends I have met through youtube – you definitely need to check out her blog AND youtube channel – she is simply amazing and I am so grateful for this award =) Thank you Holly!
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
I believe I am suppose to list 7 facts about myself that you guys may not know about so here goes!
1. I LOVE sea horses! how random is that? lol. Oh but I’m serious – I love them! I am a science nerd – well I am nerd at heart with many things but the minute I learned as a child that male sea horses are the ones that give birth to their offspring it immediately became my FAVOURITE sea creature! Please tell me it’s now your favourite sea creature as well =)
2. I have never worn my hair straight ever – the only time I attempted was years ago in high school, snow storm hit and it turned curly in a matter of minutes.
3. I was confused for many years how makeup artists got eyeshadow to last so long on models, weddings or just regular folks – thank you to MakeupbyTiffanyD in 2008/9 – she unlocked that secret to me!
4. I was due to be born on leap day!!! Can you imagine celebrating every 4 years? But I guess I wasn’t cool with that as a baby so I came out a whopping 3 weeks before my due date! My mom was not prepared for that lol – story of my life though..always doing things in my own time! lol.
5. Sticking with the baby stories, when I was born my parents had no clue what to name me – my father decided on my name – attached a ‘H’ at the end and that ended a week of frustration on their part lol.
6. I have always wanted to be a singer but I have a severe case of stage fright!
7. My first degree was in Medical Anthropology (still passionate about it).
Some amazing bloggers that deserve this honor as well are!
- MissHollyBerries – one of my best friends on youtube & blog, she deserves all 6 stars!!
- Melissa at Horrendous Colours – I have really enjoyed her blog in 2012, she has such great taste in nail polish and beauty products. And I have shared this wish with her many times via twitter that I wish she started a youtube channel because I think she is absolutely fabulous!
- Sugarmitten (I think this is the cutest blog name I have ever come across!) She left for a while in 2012 but she has revamped her site and I adore her format & I adore her style! She has a really good variety on her blog and I am so happy she is back!
- Lacquerandlashes – I am always excited to see what they post next and for keeping me on my toes they definitely deserve this award!
Thank you guys so much for all your support in 2012 – I will try my very best to make 2013 ever better! =)